Thursday, July 07, 2005

Genetic's report

We spent almost two hours in the doctor's office today at Children's hospital. Most of the time was spent talking with a genetic counselor who told us what to expect and what are plan of action will be. I was hardly even examined and best of all no one pricked me with any of those awful needles!

They really didn't tell us much about me specifically, just about down syndrome in general. We probably won't have to see the genetic doctor again, but they say they will always be there for us as a reference. From here we get refered to the down syndrome clinic @ children's which we go to when I'm 6 months old and every 6 months after that for a while; they just make sure we are seeing all the right people. We also get refered to our couty "help me grow" program which will deal with early intervention.

The doctor's today said that they cannot tell how serious some of my problem will be, only time will tell. But for now they say I'm perfectly healthy. I'm just glad I don't have to go to Children's hospital again for another five months.

Oh by the way, I saw a picture of my chromosones today. How many people can say that? My dad says he'll try to post a picture of that here later tonight or at the latest tomorrow morning.

1 comment:

Jess said...

Lucy,

God is so good to us! His love is so great. He loves YOU so much!

I see the love of God in your parents everyday. We are so lucky to have them in our lives.

I can't wait to watch you grow and become a woman of integrity. I'm already so proud of you.

Love,

Aunt Jessica