Thursday, September 01, 2005

My Birth - Chapter One

Most of my life since I have been born has been covered on this blog, but I thought I would have my dad tell you the story of my birth, from what I hear and remember it was quit the traumatic experience. Well, take it away dad...
It was sometime last October when we first found out that we were expecting Lucy. At the time we didn’t know if we would be having a boy or a girl. In my misguided way of thinking back then I was actually hoping for a boy and if we had one I wanted to name him Hobbes, but no one else really liked that name.
Soon enough we found out we were having a girl and we were really excited because we knew we were going to name her after Mandy’s grandma, Lucy Marcum. You should have seen the look on her face when we told her that was what we were going to do. Oh, I happen to have a picture of that moment, here it is:

2 comments:

Jess said...

Lucy,

I can't wait for you to experience how wonderful Grandma Lucy really is. The only way that any of us are who we are today is all because of her. She is loving, thoughtful, helpful, gentle, silly, strong, smart, a great cook, and the best grandma anyone could ever have. She passed on all of these traits to Nana. Nana then passed them to your mommy. And soon your mommy will soon pass them on to you.

Anonymous said...

Lucy,

We just found out about your site and it has been such an inspiration to us. You have been blessed with such a beautiful family starting with your Great-Grandma Lucy. You couldn't have been named after a better person. She is one of the sweetest women we have ever known. So is your Grandma Rhonda. (Your papaw Marvin is an alright guy, too, as are your Grandma Ann and Papaw Jim). Then there are your mommy and your daddy. We have known your mommy since she was a little girl and she is such a sweetheart, just like her grandma and her mom. We have never had the privilege of meeting your daddy yet but look forward to meeting him when you come to Sarasota on vacation this summer. You will love the beach. It is just so exciting to see how God is working in your little life and how your mom and dad are putting their trust in Him. Your whole family is an inspiration to all of us. Thank you for sharing little Lucy's life with us. We look forward to watching her grow.

Connie & Dale Wells