Tuesday, July 28, 2009



This year Mandy and I decided not to take all the kids to the Knox County Fair at the same time. In part, because it’s too much of a handful to have all three there at the same time and in part because Mandy is not the biggest fan of going to the fair after years of making her getting season passes (though it was there where I told her I loved her for the first time). So, this year I decided to take Lucy one night and Simon another night all by myself (Ian will have to wait for another year or two).



Last night was Daddy’s night with Lucy. I asked if she wanted to go to the fair and she said, “Yes.” I then asked her if she wanted to see some horses and she said and even louder, “Yes.” On the way to the fair I asked if she wanted to go to the fair and she said, “No… horses.” I tried but couldn’t explain to her that the horses are at the fair.



So the first thing we did at the fair was go see the horses. She liked them a lot as long as we didn’t get too close. She’s not the biggest fan of petting animals, but she loves watching them. After that we went and watched the demolition derby, but both Lucy and I were bored after about two minutes. But then it was on to the fun stuff… the rides!

I got Lucy an armband so she could ride unlimited rides and all she said to me after we rode one was “more!” I was so proud of her as she rode some of them all by herself (after I buckled her in by myself very securely of course)! A few of the rides were way too big and fast for her so I was able to ride along with her, which was a treat. I thought for sure she would get scared on a few of the rides, but there was no fear in my little girl.

We finished off the night by sharing a piece of cheese pizza on a grassy hill overlooking the demolition derby as the sun set in the distance. It was a great night with my little girl!








2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures, Kev, especially the last one of you and Lucy! She is quite a girl, our little Sunshine, and we love her so much.

Grammy and Grandpa

Jess said...

I love this post Kevin! Thank you for sharing. It sounds like you two had a great time. I can't wait to hear about Simon's trip to the fair.