Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Vacation


Last month we packed up the van and headed south for vacation. We love a road trip. Our kids do pretty well in the car, and we have the whole system so at midnight we left for Siesta Key, FL. We drove straight there. Stopped at breakfast stretch our legs. At lunch time we asked the kids if they would like to stop and eat or just eat in the car and get there.  The voted on getting there. It was our best time yet. 18 hours.
Our first week spent at the beach with my parents and my sister and her family. The kids loved the pool and it was always their first choice but as the week went on they warmed up to the ocean and the sand. Siesta Key is a great beach, white sand and gentle waves. Perfect for my little ones. My favorite moments from vacation were the times when I got to take kids out into the gulf and let them float on a raft in the waves.
Simon and Lucy also got to go with Nana and Papa to Disney World. (I'm still waiting for pictures) Ian stayed back with us. Our time with him was priceless. I don't think I have ever heard him talk so much. (He'll get his turn to go to Disney right before he goes to kindergarten.)

And what would vacation be without delicious food. We had some great treats a SweetBerries (FL's Whitts) and I ate all the shrimp I could get my hands on thanks to Phillippi Creek.

My kids are letting me know I've been on here too long so week 2 of our journey will have to come later.


No comments: