Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Perfect Morning

Even though it started a little early we've had a great morning. They all woke up happy. I made pancakes for breakfast. Ian went down easily for his morning nap. I got a shower while Simon and Lucy watched Super Why! and Ian slept. Ian was still asleep so we went outside and I got out the sand table for the first time this summer. Lucy and Simon played without major incident while I laid on the hammock and read. I was able to read 3 whole chapters before Ian woke up. He woke up cooing and not crying. Then we came inside just in time to catch Sesame Street while I made a pizza for lunch. I just love Sesame Street. I just love being at home. I wonder if I would appreciate mornings like this if I didn't have to work 9 months out of the year. I'd like to think I would.
The pizza is done and we'll keep our fingers crossed that the afternoon goes as smooth as the morning.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love when things go well like that. I hope your afternoon is wonderful too.

Jess said...

I'm so glad that you had a great morning! It makes a big difference on how you feel. I hope to see you guys soon. I have to work this Monday because of the holiday, but I will have next Monday off. Let me know if you want to get together when you come down.

Love you guys!