Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Glee

After a day of chasing kids, working, and cleaning up the house I love to curl up on the couch and enjoy some brain candy-TV. One of my new favorites shows is Glee. It's quirky and great! There's a lot of good things about the show. It has a lot of diversity- kid in a wheel chair, diversity of races, a teen who is gay, and tonight two people with Down syndrome. When the beautiful young girl came on to the screen I felt so nervous. How would this be handled? I actually started to cry. I'm not sure why I cried.
Moments like this I wish I was better at expressing my thoughts with words. I just can't seem to figure out what to write. Anyway...
The show ended great. I was impressed.
Maybe I got emotional because it just brought forth things I've been thinking about lately. Maybe even some fears about the road our family will walk. I don't want to be on any other road. Let me make that perfectly clear. I don't want to be on any other road. But, I am on a different road.

No comments: