Sunday, February 10, 2008

Update

Well since you have some new pictures to look over I thought I would give you a little run down of the new things I have been doing lately.
One of the newest and most exciting developments is that we have met a wonderful tutor. Her name is Joanne(she works with people with ds that range from age 2-20. Right now she works with 26 differnt people) and I work with her on Fridays for an hour. She has helped Mommy and Daddy know what things they should be working on with me. Since seeing her (about a month) I have started using the potty after every meal, I can recognize about 5 letters of the alphabet, I can read Mom, Dad, Lucy and Simon (when mommy shows me the card that says Simon I say SSSSS), I'm working on my colors. I'm very good at matching but working on naming. I love to color! Joanne says I'm one of the best colorers that she has worked with.
I've been going swimming every week to work on my arthritis. I'm getting more range of motions but still have a little limp. Hopefully summer time will bring more improvements. Keep praying that it doesn't spread and that it goes away!
My Favorites:
Books, My Play Kitchen, Wonder Pets, Coloring, Simon, Spaghetti, Pudding, Pizza, Grapes, My blanket, Singing, Dancing, Animals, Hats, Veggie Tales Sing Along
I Don't Like:
Taking my medicine, Carrots, Potatoes, people messing with my ankle, getting my hair brushed, (It's hard to think of things I don't like- I'm a really likeable kid!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lucy!

Some of your favorite things are nana's too. Well Simon and pizza anyway! You are so precious and we love you very much. What fun we had at Simon's birthday party. Aren't parties fun?

Hope to see you soon!
love,
nana